ICN community is urged to participate in an Islamic Funeral Workshop on Sunday Feb 23rd from 1:15pm to 3:45pm at ICN Ogden. Mufti Haroon Firdausi & Mrs. Haroon Sahiba will inshaAllah conduct the workshop.
Many important topics are covered:
- What should you know about Islamic Funeral – at the time of death; salatul janaza; type of casket; burial procedure
- What should a family member do when death happens? Who to call? What information do they need? Legal requirements?
- Body preparation – who is responsible? washing the body; shrouding the body; prayers and exhortation
- Funeral costs incurred – breakdown
- Demo of the Ghusl process
This is a very important topic that all Muslims should be educated on. Looking forward to your participation.
– ICN Spiritual-Social Programs Committee