The Naperville Planning and Zoning Commission (PZC) Meeting last night had the ICN 248th Masjid Project on the agenda and here is an update:
- Alhamdulillah, the first 30 speakers for public comments were in support of the project and included speakers from ICN as well as supporters from different backgrounds, including leaders of many faith organizations who spoke highly of ICN and our contribution to the larger community. Plus, the votes in support of the project were overwhelmingly high compared to those opposed.
- There was a long presentation by an attorney hired by the Tall Grass Home Owners’ Association who listed concerns related to project size, safety, and traffic.
- There was not enough time to complete the agenda item in last night’s meeting since there are many more speakers who have signed up to give public comments. The PZC has extended the discussion to their next meeting on March 3rd.
- We have compiled all the concerns raised by the Tall Grass HOA’s attorney and have started discussions with our attorney, our engineering team, and traffic consultants. The team is in the process of preparing a detailed response to all the concerns (although many of them have been addressed during this entire process). We feel confident that we will be able to adequately address the items brought up by the Tall Grass HOA attorney, Insha Allah.
- Please make dua that Allah SWT may grant barakah in our efforts and make this a successful project, inshallah
- You may watch a video of the proceedings by clicking on the link below. The ICN agenda item begins around the 40-minute mark.