The ICN Board is pleased to provide an update on the Town Hall Meeting held last Sunday, May 19th. Alhamdulillah, the Town Hall was well attended and a number of questions from the community were addressed.
Here is a summary of the meeting and next steps:
1. The Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) presented the results of the SPC Community Input Initiative and provided the SPC recommendation. Please click here for a copy of the presentation.
2. The ICN Board presented their recommendation for the items related to facilities
3. 248th Avenue Project
– The board presented at the Town Hall that after reviewing various options, they resolved to build a masjid with Full-Time School and a multi-purpose hall in Phase 1 of the project
– The Barakah investors who had committed to participating in the program last year will be contacted to determine their continued interest
– The Engineering Committee will begin meeting with the architects for the initial design discussion
– The Board will provide regular updates to the community with progress on the 248th project